As we start the new year fresh with new intentions, goals, and resolutions I wanted to introduce or re-introduce to you some of the most important beauty resolutions you should keep this year and always.
Good habits are important when it comes to skincare and makeup. A little bit goes a long way when it comes to this list. Incorporate them into your daily skincare & makeup regimes and I promise you, your skin will thank you for it.
- Wear sunscreen every day. I know that sounds crazy especially when it's winter in the Midwest but we are still exposed to the sun each and everyday and it's important to keep your skin protected regardless.
- Moisturize every morning and every night. Moisturize everything. Put body lotion on after a shower so it absorbs better. Moisturize your face in the morning before you apply makeup. Use your best night cream before you go to bed and wake up looking refreshed. Keep a hand lotion in your purse.
- Wash your makeup off at the end of each day. It will clog your pores, cause your eyelashes to break, can create eye infections, makes you breakout, makes wrinkles deeper. If that wasn't enough to make you want to wash everything off before bed, read this.
- Drink more water. Hydrate the skin from the inside out by drinking more water. This is something everyone has to do more because it's good for EVERYTHING.
- Stop picking at your face. You will cause scarring. The only time it's ok to pop anything is if it's white otherwise keep the pincher's away from your face.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. And no more than twice because otherwise you will cause your pores to be larger which could cause break outs. Exfoliating helps get rid of leftover dirt that builds up in our pores from makeup and helps renew skin cells.
- Wash your makeup brushes once a week. They collect tons and tons of bacteria when you leave them sitting out with left over product on them. You want to apply makeup to that pretty face of yours, not dirt. Warm water and mild soap are all you need.
- Do no over-tweeze. Let your natural eyebrows grow in and take shape. Then go get them waxed, threaded or learn how to tweeze correctly using this blog tutorial by Michelle Phan.
- Keep chapstick on you at all times. Nothing is more annoying than dry lips, that burn and are chapped. These are my favorites: EOS Lip Balm, Noya Vanilla Lip Balm & Vaseline Lip Therapy.
- Commit using your hot hair tools only twice a week, maximum. Haircuts are expensive these days for woman and using a heated curler or straightener more than once a twice a week really wrecks your natural hair textures and splits your hair ends even faster. Find a good taming mouse, cream, serum instead and let your hair dry naturally.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. This will help you avoid looking puffy in the morning, it'll keep the bags under your eyes at bay and because it's just as important and good for you as water is. So turn that phone off. Sign off Facebook, put that ice cream down and go to bed.
This list could go on for days but I hope you were able to find at least one or two from the list that you can apply to your daily life. We can't replace our skin so it's best we take good care of it. These things aren't expensive or hard to maintain and I hope you found them helpful.
Hope everyone's holidays were wonderful and I'm wishing you all a blessed New Year!!
Thanks for reading!!!