August 28, 2013

GUEST SPOTLIGHT: My Darling Chic Sissy



For those of you who don't know me on a personal level I have an older sister named Corie. We are 2 1/2 years apart in age and growing up we were always pretty close. I remember just always wanting to be just like her as kids. I always wanted to dress like her, act like her, do what she was doing. However, I did notice the older we were both getting the more we had different interests, different style and different goals.

When I was a freshman in high school she was a senior. She always had this thick, gorgeous hair that I never had. Whether she knows it or not she had really developed confidence within herself by the age of 17 and I remember being envious of that. The early years in high school for me were totally uncomfortable and awkward. I had a hard time figuring myself out and who I wanted to be at that age but I remember thinking, "Man, Corie has it together!" And I admired that in her. She was a tough chick and already braver than she knew.

The years went fast but now that Corie and I are adults we have both developed our very own individual styles. I really enjoy when we get together because I'll share beauty tips with her while she is always a huge help in putting the perfect outfit together. Being sisters we're always VERY honest with each other so it helps to have someone like her to turn to!!


Corie has always been huge into fashion, shoes and trends. She has a knack for it and always looks awesome! Last summer her and I finally had the idea that we should start our own website called "Darling Chic" We started to add both her fashion blogs to it and tie in my beauty blogs. We have both have had talks of starting our own business together or something so we could incorporate this passion of ours. Check out our website and "Like" us on Facebook at Darling Chic.


However, Darling Chic has been put on hold for just a little bit. My sister was offered an amazing position this year to work in Switzerland for 2 years. When the news struck, the feeling of it was the exact definition of bittersweet. My sister has always had the dream to live in Europe and she is now living that dream with her wonderfully supportive husband by her side.While it stinks to not have her home, knowing she is happy and making it happen for herself is more than enough to make me so so so happy for her.

They say you should surround yourself with people who inspire you and she is one of them. So here's a shout out to my beautiful sister. Thanks for the constant inspiration. Love, love, love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment