March 10, 2016

IPSY Product Reviews- February Glam Bag

Hi everyone! Can't believe we are at the end of February already. Seems like it will be Spring before we know it!

If you read last month's blog, you now know I have a subscription to IPSY's monthly beauty bags and since I haven't purchased anything full sized or new myself in such a long time I'm going to review what I got in this month's bag!

First and foremost, the 5 deluxe products I received this month came in this really cute, pixelated, envelope bag.
In this months bag I received a perfume roller ball, a gel coat nail polish, a lip & hand scrub, a face primer and a blush stick. 

Perfume Roller Ball


I received a mini roller ball perfume from Jor'el Park called Eau so Divine. The same is pretty big and came in a 8.8 ml roller ball which is a pretty significant size for a sample so I was pretty impressed by that. At first smell, this perfume smells like something a mature woman would wear. The notes consist of golden amber, sandalwood, sensual incense, Egyptian myrrh, pink grapefruit, blackcurrant buds, lily of the valley, star jasmine, rose petals, ylang-ylang, cardamom,  and Madagascar vanilla. This perfume is sulfate free, gluten free and paraben free. After a couple minutes once the notes settle my skin seems to pull out the lily significantly. I myself, am not a fan of lily's but those of you who are would probably love this. Overall I wouldn't purchase this as it's not my the type of perfume I like. The 8.8 ml sample I received typically costs $23.00 and the 1.7 ounce is $53.00. 


Pink Gel Coat



One of my favorite items from this month's bag was the Pink Gel Coat which is like a nail strengthener/top coat by Perfect Formula . The tips of my nails have been peeling a lot over the last year or so and it's been very annoying to me. I put this on my nails a week ago and my nails haven't peeled at all and the gel coat has remained in tact. I like that it brightened my nails and made them look really pretty and glossy without a nail polish color on. These gel coats come in a variety of neutral colors and I'd recommend them to anyone who needs a good nail strengthener in their life. The only downfall is they are $30.00 a piece, which is a bit expensive for a nail polish.

Lip & Hand Scrub

My second favorite item from this bag is now sitting by my kitchen sink. I was introduced to Jersey Shore Cosmetics previously from IPSY because I got one of their Mongongo Lip Conditioners which is absolutely awesome and one of my favorite chapsticks. It seems most of the cosmetic & beauty companies that IPSY works with are rooted in similar beliefs to have all natural ingredients in their products and I'm a huge fan of that. Jersey Shore Cosmetics does just that. Where better to find your ingredients for your skin than nature. This lip and hand polish is currently $30.00 for a set of 2 on their website but it typically $50.00. All you need is a pea sized amount of this polish on wet hands or damp lips and after massaging on either your lips or hands it leaves almost an oily residue that isn't overwhelming and is just moisturizing enough that you don't have to wipe any excess off. 

Face Primer


I rarely find time to do a full face of makeup but if I do and know I'll be using my foundation, I like to pull on one of my samples of face primers. In this month's bag I received Smashbox's New Photo Finish Primer Oil.  I'm not going to lie, when I heard the word "oil" at the end of this product name I was pretty turned off. I can't help but think greasy when I think of oil based products. This primer has almost a citrusy smell to it and is quick absorbing. The reason this is a good primer is because in winter (especially if you live in the midwest) your skin will tend to be drier so if you use an oil primer rather than a cream based, your makeup might end up sitting better. I have yet to try this primer with a full face of makeup but I was happy with how quick it absorbed into my skin, was happy with the smell and it left my skin feeling soft. Smashbox is known for their primer's as many famous makeup artists use them on the stars/models for photoshoots. I'd say if you're big into face primers this would be a great one for drier skin and during winter weather and I'd recommend it to you. For me however, I'll probably pass since I rarely wear a full face of makeup.



Blush Stick

Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a huge bronzer person and very rarely wear blush but this product left me intrigued. Upon first impression of this Trestique product I thought it was a lipstick so that was a bit confusing until I read the back of the product that it was a blush stick. I tried it on and it is a very buildable blush and a pretty color in Bora Bora Coral.  I expected the product to be creamier feeling but it seemed to go on rather dry. I feel like the color faded off my face fast so all in all I would purchase this product but I do like that you can throw it in your purse if you need a touch up of color during the day. This blush stick costs $28.00 (typically goes for $34.00 but it's on sale. 


I really enjoyed this month's bag and am looking forward to March's Glam Bag! 

Hope you enjoyed my review!


No comments:

Post a Comment