March 11, 2017

Evolving My Blog in 2017


I started Dee's Beauty Blog back in 2011 as a hobby of mine because people in my life would ask me advice about how to do their makeup knowing I loved it so much and I thought I could use this blog to share it that way on social media. 

While I've used this blog for the last 6 years, I really slowed down in the creative writing side of it the last 3 years. Now that my personal life has somewhat slowed down I made it a personal resolution to get back into things in 2017 and it's been a true joy.

Social media continues to grow and change so much and I'm doing my best to learn it all and keep up with things as well as tie each one together. It's a lot more work than I anticipated and I'm still trying to find a balance with it and being a full time mom. Trends are ever changing, blogging is evolving and influencer marketing is becoming a huge thing for people. All this new information on how to do this correctly and effectively has my head spinning in a good way. I feel in a way that this is my creative calling. 

For those of you who don't know me well, I have had a passion for the arts for as long as I can remember. I remember knowing from an early age I was meant to create and to be an artist. I remember the first time I took a paint brush to a blank canvas that I gasped because it felt so natural to me. It felt like it had been something I had always done even though it was the first time. It was the coolest experience. The colors felt like they were apart of me in a way I can't explain. 

I have also enjoyed makeup since I was a teenager and since one of my first jobs out of college was being a manager of several makeup lines, it inspired me even more than when I was young. I had to take several classes on makeup application and skincare. I was captivated by different pigments of the shadows, the formula of foundations, the correct steps needed to apply a full face of makeup. I had no clue prior to that how much goes into it and how much fun it could be. It was very similar to why I loved to paint. Merging both makeup and painting just feels like such a refreshing thing for me to pursue at this point of my life and that's why I'm here now.




Thank you for those of you who are following me on this journey. Thank you even more to those of you who have reached out to me to tell me how much you're enjoying what I am putting out there or giving me feedback on how to improve. It's been so encouraging and fun! And that's what makeup should be to all of us, FUN! 

My goal is to review all kinds of products in different price ranges and to put live videos out there to talk with you and not at you about the kinds of things I'm learning or kinds of things you wish to learn that I'm excited to share with you. 

Please follow me and share with your friends! Links are below! Stayed tuned for more updates this year! 

Facebook Page
Instagram 


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment