December 04, 2011

Beauty Staples- My Top 6 MUST HAVES!

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my FIRST beauty blog.
(I've never blogged before so please bear with me as I figure stuff out. )

I wanted to start this blog because I realized I'm constantly reading reviews on make-up & skin care, constantly buying and trying new products, and have a serious love and passion for beauty in general. Everything about it from skincare, to colors, to names and packaging of products- I LOVE IT!

I figured I'd use this blog to help share my own reviews, tips, and pictures to help anyone who is just learning about make-up or for those of you who want to know more on what's good and what works before purchasing your own products.

Let's get started...


Top 6 Day where MUST HAVES!!!


1.) EYESHADOW PRIMER POTION (By: Urban Decay)- I never realized the importance of this product until almost 4 years ago. You ever put on your favorite eyeshadow in the morning and by noon it's creased in your eyelids or has faded away by noon? Well, basically this product stops all that. HOORAY! Not only does it prevent creasing but it makes your eyeshadow stay on until you want to take it off. I recommend this product for loose powdery eyeshadow and regular eyeshadow palettes. This is $19.00. You can get this at Sephora or Ulta.


2.) Jardin Aires Pigment Eyeshadow (by: MAC)- Now that we have the eyeshadow primer down. Let's talk eyeshadow. I've been wearing loose powder eyeshadow for probably more than 10 years and this has got to be one of my favorite everyday eye shadows. Although they are a bit pricey at $20.00 a pop, they seriously will last you the rest of your life. (Unless you drop them of course.) I've been using this pigment for 2-3 years and it doesn't even look like I touched it yet. So if there is a color you wear everyday and need it for a long time, this is the way to go.  This color is perfect for everyday, it's neutral but has a pretty shimmer to it that isn't too glittery but enough to brighten your eyes a bit for day wear. You can buy this at department stores that carry MAC or MAC stores.


3.) Orgasm Blush (by: NARS)-named "Top 25 Beauty Hall of Fame” 2010 Elle; "Best Blush for Light Skin” 2010 & 2011 InStyle "Best Beauty Buys”; "Best Blush for Fair Skin” 2011 InStyle"Best Beauty Buys” This is obviously one of the best blushes out there right now. It's a peachy pink that goes well on many skin tones and lasts a long time. This product goes on light with a blush brush and depending on how much blush you like on your cheeks you can build it up as much as you'd like. This blush is $27.00. You can buy this at department stores that carry NARS.
4.) Special Effects, conditioning, defining and lengthening Mascara (by: Lorac) This mascara is awesome and I used it for the first time this year. I'm a big DIORSHOW mascara fan but after some flakiness with the BLACKOUT mascara by DIOR I decided to change it up and try something new. I love  mascara primers and an even bigger fan of mascaras that come with a primer. This mascara not only strengthens and conditions with the white primer on the one end of the product but it separates then beautifully coats your lashes just enough to define and lengthen with the other mascara wand.  This is a good everyday mascara. This product costs $22.00. You can get this at Ulta or Sephora.


5.) TimeBalm Concealer (by TheBalm) If you're like me, it's hard to find a good concealer that works and lasts all day under your eyes. This product will do that. I recommend using a concealer brush to put this on rather than your fingers since it's a little stiff & tacky. This has lasted me almost a year so it's a good buy for your buck. It comes in 6 different shades. This costs $18.00. You can buy this at Sephora.

6.) EOS Lip Balm (by EOS) Not only is this the cheapest product on my list but this by far is my favorite product on it. I pretty much can't live without it at this point. I found these lip balms at Walgreens almost 2 years ago and have been obsessed ever since.  I am not a fan of carmex or lip balms that tingle so this is something I'm a fan of.  These lip balms come in 6 great flavors, are shaped like little eggs, are made of shea butter and vitamin E, they glide on smooth and are long lasting. I literally have one of these everywhere I go. I leave one at work, I have one my purse and have one in my bedroom. They last for severals months depending on how often you use them. They are $3.29 and you can find them at Kroger, CVS and Walgreens. Summer fruit is my favorite flavor.


Thank you so much for taking time to read my first blog. Please let me know if you have any comments, questions or recommendations for future blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Danielle. This is totally something I need to follow....as I am clueless about make up :)

    ReplyDelete