June 21, 2012

Fimo nail art TRIALS

I finally got my FIMO nail pieces in the mail recently. I received my little wheel of different colored bows and a day later received a wheel of colorful fruit pieces. I was so excited to try them that I ran around the house collecting my nail stuff to do a manicure almost immediately. I'm a goofball when it comes to beauty products obviously.



I decided on starting with the bows. I painted my nails white and then took nail glue to my nail and tried with my fingers (bad idea) to place the bows on where I had put the glue. I HIGHLY suggest using tweezers. It's much easier to place these tiny pieces on your nails and saves the glue from getting all over the place. Sorry for the bad picture but this is what it looked like.




 My first mistake was not using tweezers and my second mistake was not making sure the little pieces were lying flat on my nails. Trying to put my hair up in a pony tail was quite an experience with these suckers on there sticking up.

Basically, my whole first attempt at creating this look was a huge FAIL but I figured out what you need to do in order to get these pieces to stay on and lie FLAT on your nail.


1.) After applying your base coat and nail polish color, use your tweezers to place your fimos on your nail while your nail polish is still wet. No nail glue is necessary.


2.) Place as many pieces down as quick as you can. I used another nail tool to help press the pieces into my drying nail polish so they lied flat.


3.) After pressing them down with a tool, I used a really good base coat on top and applied 2 or 3 layers of it. 

The result...


HOW FUN IS THIS MANICURE!? 


Although this whole look did take me awhile to achieve, the manicure last me about a week. I was determined on my second attempt to make sure I did it right and I had a good hour of free time to spend on it so it became my art project for the weekend.

Hope I was able to share some good tips if you are looking to create a fun summer manicure. 

Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this look. I'd be happy to help!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment