The older I get the busier things seem to be. To be able to balance everything such as work, friends, family, hobbies, health and exercise can be a juggling act. To think women actually do all this AND have husbands and children is more than I can even imagine handling. I'm tired just thinking about it all. YAWWWN!!
When your not getting the sleep your body needs to repair- it begins to show up on your face. This includes dark circles under your eyes, dull skin, wrinkles, crows feet, saggy skin, and redness in your eyes. Not only is your body harmed externally but the effects of inadequate sleep begin to effect you internally as well. Hypertension, high blood pressure, obesity, and depression are to name a few.
Maybe there really is something to be said for all those times you heard your mother or grandmother say:
"Time for bed. You need to get your beauty rest."
Because not only does it help make you more beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well.
Here are a few tips I've concocted for you to get a good nights rest:
- Drink some warm milk before bed because it relaxes the body.
- Take a warm shower or a bath prior to sleep.
- Do not turn your bedroom into a TV room. Do not use any electronic products at least an hour or 2 before sleeping.
- Proper pillows and mattresses are KEY.
- Do not eat dinner or drink lots of water at least 2-3 hours before bed. You want to avoid waking up frequently during the night.
- Stick to a schedule. If you usually go to bed every night at 10 p.m. make sure your in bed by then almost every night. Keeping a schedule keeps your body clock on track.
- Exercising regularly is known to help you sleep better.
- Avoid caffeine later in the evening.
- Sleep in a cooler room.
All these tips should aid in you having a great nights rest. Adults 18+ need to be getting at least 7.5-9 hours of sleep every night! Make sure to make this an important part of your daily health routines to wake up to happier, healthier, more restful YOU!
Sweet dreams ladies! Thanks for reading!!